A lightweight two-way integration between JIRA and ClearQuest
This document describes Go2Group's lightweight JIRA/ClearQuest integration, AutoLinkCqReviewer. This tool runs as a JIRA change review daemon.
- The change reviewer must run on the JIRA server.
- The change reviewer must run as a JIRA Admin. (The proper JIRA environment must be set.)
- The JIRA server must have ‘cqperl’ and other ClearQuest client software installed.
- The JIRA site configuration file must have six new values set to appropriate values.
- Currently the reviewer only handles ClearQuest ‘defect’ issue types.
- However, multiple configuration files can be run to migrate ClearQuest ‘any type’ issue types you wish.
- You can integrate and migrate one project at a time setting the ‘project’ field.
- Create a unique JIRA ID for the change reviewer to use.
- Set the name of the JIRA ID on line 120 of the reviewer script.
- Create a cron job (Unix) or scheduled task (Windows) to execute the reviewer at an appropriate interval (e.g. every ten minutes). The command would be:
cqperl AutoLinkCqReviewer.pl [options]
- You can also re-run integrations by setting the starting JIRA Issue ID and do a re-import so to speak. Allowing you to do dry runs of the import to a test project before final cut over.
For more details, please contact Go2Group.
ClearQuest add-on for JIRA