Install the Uservoice Plugin for JIRA add-on in the standard way as you do for any other Atlassian add-ons. For details, refer to Installing add-ons guide from Atlassian.
- Make sure "Allow unassigned issues" is turned-on/active in JIRA General Configurations. For more information to update, refer to JIRA General Configuration.
- Login to the Uservoice Administration console. Select Integrations from the Settings dropdown.
- Click on UserVoice API
- Choose to "Add API Client". Enter a name and make sure you check the "Trusted application" checkbox. Click Register.
Once the plugin is successfully installed and licenses are applied, please follow the below steps to complete configuring the plugin for use.
- Navigate to Administration -> Integrations -> UserVoice Configuration
- Enter all the required information and click Configure. The key and secret is generated when you configure UserVoice. You will need to enter that information here.
Click on Allow access.
If you are not yet logged into UserVoice, you will be asked to login here.
In some cases, JIRA might ask you to login again as administrator. If this happens, the plugin will display an error message saying it is currently unable to connect to UserVoice. If this occurs, please go back to UserVoice configuration. You will see all the credentials have already been saved. Click on Configure and allow access again and it will successfully be completed.
UserVoice Tickets Support
UserVoice plugin 1.3 onwards supports UserVoice tickets.
Once the authentication between JIRA and UserVoice is configured, we can map projects in JIRA to feedback and tickets in UserVoice.
Mapping UserVoice Forums
- Navigate to Administration -> Integrations -> UserVoice Configuration. In the UserVoice Feedback configuration section, select a JIRA project and the UserVoice forum you would like to map it to and click Add
- Select the JIRA issue type and click Save Mapping.
- Now click on Configure Mapping.
- If you would like forum feedback with certain statuses to be synced, enter a comma separated value of status names. If not, leave blank to sync feedback in all statuses. If you would like to sync existing feedback, check the sync prior entities checkbox. Leaving it blank will only sync feedback from the point this configuration is complete.
- Map UserVoice Feedback status values to appropriate JIRA issue status values. According to this mapping whenever UserVoice Feedback status get changed, the corresponding JIRA issue status will be updated automatically and vice versa.
Mapping UserVoice Tickets
- Navigate to Administration -> Integrations -> UserVoice Configuration. In the UserVoice Ticket configuration section, add the JIRA project you would like to create tickets in. Click "Add" and click "Save".
- Click on Configure Mapping.
- Choose "Sync prior entities" option if you would like to sync tickets that have been created on a date and time earlier than the current date and time. Click Configure.
- The plugin will sync ticket information from UserVoice and create JIRA issues in the selected project. Messages added to UserVoice tickets will be saved as JIRA issue comments. Comments added to the JIRA issue will be synced as UserVoice notes.
- Map UserVoice Ticket status values to appropriate JIRA issue status values. According to this mapping whenever UserVoice Ticket status get changed, the corresponding JIRA issue status will be updated automatically and vice versa.
- Map UserVoice custom fields to JIRA custom fields. Values will be updated bi-directionally. This step is optional.
- Now, you can create cross-application workflows. Set desired filters to sync UserVoice tickets to JIRA.
The UserVoice service runs once every minute to scan for updates from UserVoice. Issues will automatically be created in JIRA from UserVoice feedback. The issue will also contain a link to the Uservoice Feedback. The JIRA issue also displays the number of votes, the feedback state and status.